Santo Domingo is the oldest city of the Americas, don’t miss your chance and discover the true history of the Dominican Republic. Spend a day exploring historical monuments in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Zona Colonial and the unique landscapes.
Your day begins with seeing the spectacular caves of "Los Tres Ojos" (three eyes caves) which is an open aired limestone cave in Parque Mirador del Este (Eastern Lookout Park). Where you make your way to the lagoon via the rock staircase, along the way you will see some of the most beautiful colours and mineral formations and lush vegetation. Now we travel to the colonial area of the capital to visit the house built by Columbus which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site that was founded in 1496 by Bartholomew Columbus (Christopher Columbus’ brother). Here you'll see some sensational sights from the Christopher Columbus lighthouse to the historical cathedral.
Soak up the atmosphere in the oldest street of the new world "Calle la Damas" and experience a typical Dominican market where the bargains are endless and the bartering is fun!! Enjoy a delicious lunch and after you will have plenty of time for a shopping tour of “El Conde” before we head home.
• UNESCO named the historic old town on the western bank of the "Rio Ozama" World Heritage Site.
• During the trip, our guide will be telling us important facts about the country, the history and the people.
• Visit to the "Cueva de las Maravillas", a beautiful stalactite.
• Visit the "Zona Colonial", the colonial area of Santo Domingo.
• Pass the famous "Faro a Colon" (Columbus Lighthouse), one of the most known landscapes of this city.
• Walk through the "Plaza España" toward the well known "Calle de las Damas".
• Enjoy our delicious lunch and afterwards there will be enough time for a little shopping tour at "El Conde".
• Roundtrip transportation
• Entrance to all visited sites
• Bilingual guide
• Lunch (with one drink)
• Kids 2 and under are free
• Money for souvenirs
• Tips (optional)
Use proper, comfortable clothe and shoes, dont forget your camara and extra cash for souvenirs.
Shoulders and kness must be covered for some visits (cathedral and National monument). Kids 2 and under are free.
• Meeting point: At your hotel lobby starting at 6 am.
• Transportation Included
Approx 9 hours